Last updated: December 23, 2022
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Policy) refers to Scayla Apps Ltd. of Larks Mead, Upper Warren Avenue, Reading, RG4 7EB, United Kingdom
- Application (referred to as either “the App", “the Application” or “Redirect Pro” in this Policy) means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Redirect Pro
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
- Service refers to the Application and its provision of features and functionality including, but not limited to, automated 301 redirects and 404 broken link tracking
- Application Store (referred to as either "Application Store" or "App Store" in this Policy) refers to the digital distribution service operated and developed by Shopify Inc. (Shopify App Store) from which the Application has been downloaded
- Website refers to the Scayla Apps Ltd. official website, accessible at https://scayla.io/
Your access to and use of the Service is also conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Company. Our Terms and Conditions govern the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. The Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service. Please read Our Terms and Conditions carefully before using Our Service.
When We collect personal information
We may collect personal information about You when You install the App and during Your use of the App. This includes when You purchase products and/or services, or when You participate in competitions, questionnaires and surveys. We may also collect information when You opt-in to newsletters and marketing communications, when You contact us (via any means of communication), and when You provide certain content to Us, for example testimonials and customer reviews. Additionally, We may collect personal information via implicit data capture measures when You use the App or visit the Website, such as studying which features and pages You use or read the most.
What personal information We collect
When you install and/or use the App, the types of information We may collect from You or from Your Shopify account includes:
- Store details: myshopify domain, primary domain, shopify plan
- Contact information: email address, phone number
- Location information: store country
- Information required to provide the Service including articles, blogs, blog posts, comments, pages and redirects
- Your marketing communication preferences
- Details of your previous visits to Our Website or App and selected payment plan in the App
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers or competitions
- Information connected with reviews You leave on Our Website, the App or the Application Store
We collect personal information directly from the relevant individual, through Your Shopify account, or using the following technologies: “Cookies” are data files that are placed on Your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website or the App, and collect data including Your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how You browse the Website or the App.
How We use the personal information We collect
We use the personal information We collect from You and Your customers for a number of different purposes listed below. We engage in these activities to manage Our contractual relationship with You, to comply with a legal obligation, because We have a legitimate interest, or with Your consent.
- To provide and operate the Service
- To send administrative information to You, for example, information regarding updates to the Service, email verification codes and changes to our legal policies
- To ensure that the Website and the App function properly and are optimised for Your computer or device and to store Your preferences and settings
- To enable You to register for the Service and to verify Your identity and authority to use the Service
- To allow You to make use of the Service
- To share marketing communications that We believe may be of interest to You
- For data analysis, for example, to identify bugs and user pain points and improve the efficiency of the Service
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyber-attacks or attempts to commit identity theft, and enhancing the safety of Our Website and the App
- For developing new products, features or services and for enhancing, improving or modifying the App and your experience with it
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which features of the Service are of most interest to users
- For operating and expanding Our business activities, for example, understanding which features of the Service are of most interest to Our users so we can focus Our energies on meeting Our users’ interests
- For legal compliance. In rare circumstances, We may have to use and disclose information We have about our users in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims under applicable law
- For customer service and incident resolution purposes
- From time to time, We may use remarketing and behavioural targeting services. In order to do these, We may collect cookies and usage data
- Analysis of personal information for business reporting and providing personalised services
- We may provide personalised content on the Website, the App or on marketing channels dependent on Your personal details and preferences
- For internal record-keeping purposes, operations and analysis
Sharing Your personal information
We will only share Your personal information with trusted third party partners and providers when absolutely necessary for business administration, customer delivery, operational, analytical or other purposes. We will also share Your personal information if required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information We receive, or to otherwise protect Our rights.
Third party service providers
In order to provide the Service, We may need to provide Your information to Our trusted third party service providers, for example:
- Our technology service providers used for the functioning of the App
- Our customer service platform providers so You can interact with Our customer service team
- Our marketing, sales and market/customer research service providers
- Our analytical service providers who provide Us with fully anonymised user session recordings, event tracking, and business analysis insights to understand Our customers and their use of the App better
You have rights under data protection legislation. Not all of these rights apply in all circumstances and jurisdictions. If you would like to exercise any of the following rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
You have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible way about how We use your personal information. You can make what is called a ‘subject access request’ for a copy of the information We hold about You and You can request to opt-out of anonymised session recordings and event tracking.
If You are a European resident, You have the right to access personal information We hold about You and to ask that Your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
Additionally, if You are a European resident We note that We are processing Your information in order to fulfil contracts We might have with You (for example, if You make a purchase through the App), or otherwise to pursue Our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that Your information may be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When You install the App, We will maintain the information listed above for Our records unless and until You ask us to delete this information, or 48 hours after You uninstall the App.
As per Shopify’s app developer requirements, We subscribe to the mandatory webhooks. As such, when We receive a request to view or delete stored customer data, or a request to delete shop data, We complete the action within 30 days of receiving the request. However, if We are unable to comply with a redaction request because We are legally required to retain data, then We won’t complete the action.
For more information about Our privacy practices, if You have questions, or if You would like to make a complaint, please contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.